Selected TDD Resources To Start
TDD resources to start
Read “Test-Driven Development: by Example” by Kent Beck. Follow the development in your IDE.
Choose a kata. Do it many times. There are many to choose from; a good one is the “String Calculator” by Roy Osherove. Do Deliberate Practice
Important articles to read:
- The Humble Dialog Box
- Elisabeth Hendrickson, Driving Development with Tests: ATDD and TDD
- Gojko Adzik, Anatomy of a good acceptance test
- But We Need a Database…; Don’t We?
- YAGNI Prohibits Data Driven Code — Or Does It?
- Alistair Cockburn, The Hexagonal Architecture
- Don’t know what I want, but I know how to get it
- Slicing Functionality: Alternate Paths
- Growing Object-Oriented Software, Guided By Tests
- Implementing Domain-Driven Design
- The Refactoring Workbook
- Working Effectively With Legacy Code (article version)
Things to watch: